Cartridge Filter Systems
Description and field of application
Since 2004 our GTWE Cartridge Filter Systems demonstrate their outstanding performance in different fields of industrial applications world wide. Due to their unchallenged high cross-flow rates GTWE Cartridge Filter Systems can reach highest concentrations in the brine – in contrast to standard cross-flow filter systems.
With respect to the field of application the filter cartridges are equipped with suitable flat sheet membranes available in quite a variety from different suppliers. Maintenance time is reduced to a minimum by exchanging stacks of filter cartridges rather than exchanging each cartridge on its own.
Like in case of other GTWE filter systems a relatively small pump brings the liquid inside the steel vessel and provides the pressure necessary for the filtration process. With an independent and strong agitation system a very high flow rate across the membrane area can be generated to clean it continuously during the filtration process.
Compared to standard filtration systems the GTWE Cartridge Filter Systems excels in respect to
- Very high cross flow rate
- Higher concentrations in bleed reachable
- Cross flow rate controlled independent of pressure
- Large membrane area possible due to use of cartridges
- High filtration rate per membrane surface area
- Low fouling of membrane
- Shorter down time (cleaning less often)
- Maintenance time reduced by using stacks of filter cartridges rather than singular ones
- Highly energy efficient
- Low heating of process water
- Very small footprint
Information on the different types of membranes, their manufactures as well as the design of the module can be found here: Membranes and modules